Friday, May 29, 2015

Painting Small

Them That Dance
mixed media on paper
6 x 6 inch



I am painting a lot more now that the flower planting is done.  My routine lately has been to work on one or two "major" paintings with small works on paper in between.



Six on Blue Checks
oil on acrylic primed paper
8 x 8 inch

Working on small paper feels the same as working in sketchbooks to me. It is so free and I can just let go and paint with no expectations...no worry of wasting a canvas.


Gail in Gingham and Green
oil on acrylic primed paper
6 x 6 inch

 If I like it, it can be sold for a small price in my Etsy shop...and if I don't...I can chuck it, stomp on it, tear it, burn it, or make paper airplanes for my cat.



The Bohemian Decoy Hiker
mixed media on paper
4 x 6 inch

These did not go to the cat.


Have a great weekend!
It's Riverfest time here in Wichita and we can walk there this year!

♥ Lisa

13 comments:

  1. These are all lovely little works Lisa. I have never painted anything larger than 9x12 inches. My favourite is Six on Blue Checks. and I love the title too. Simple and straight to the point. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fuzzie. I think you would enjoy painting large with what you are doing lately. There is something so free on a larger space, but storage sure can be a problem.

      Glad you liked the title. That is the way to do it when you can't be any more creative with naming the piece. :)

      Delete
  2. Love that Bohemian girl, love them all really. You got talent Lady. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Them That Dance", Lisa!!! The colors and their adorable poses.! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of these are brilliant but I really love the last two pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky cat!
    Your work and your writing show us your sweet personality, Lisa. BUT I bet if someone was after your cub you'd be a vicious mama bear! xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have described every mother I know Carole. :) Thanks for your visit! xoxo

      Delete
  6. OH how funny you are! I have said/felt similarly to the ones that just don't make the grade;)
    I just love all of these Lisa, and the top one...oh my gosh, such an Adorable, WONDERFUL rendition of ballerinas, such a MARVELOUS CAPTURE in life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete